MITIGATION OF IMPACTS RESULTING FROM COVID-19 AND OTHER DISEASES
The mining company Nexa, which extracts zinc and copper more than 60 years ago in Brazil and Peru, implemented a telehealth project in its area of influence that allows ultrasound imaging by health personnel in the area, which are interpreted by first-level specialists remotely and in real time.
Current intervention areas:
Present in 4 regions and 5 towns:
- Ancash: CS (health centre) Conchucos and PS (health post) Aquia
- Huancavelica: CM (medical centre) Palca
- Pasco: PS Yarusyacán
- Ica: PS Chavín
- Portable ultrasound scanner with two settings for the lung and gestational protocol of the second and third trimester.
- State-of-the-art convex transducer to acquire as many images as possible.
- Medical Box to acquire patient information and images sent to the cloud.
- Pulse oximeters.
- Fetal heartbeat detector.
- Specialized clothing to protect the health of doctors and patients
- Preparation of accurate medical reports in cases of pregnancy, abdomen and/or lung diagnosis, performed on more than 500 patients.
- Detection of pneumonia symptoms due to COVID-19 or other diseases.
- Timely and wise medical decisions to expedite emergency and inpatient services in the health centres of Pasco, Huancavelica, Ica and Ancash.
- Access to telehealth services for children.
- Optimization of the area’s resources to improve health care.
- Empowerment through training of more than 10 health centre professionals.